The Pakistan Urdu School was established to cater for the educational needs of people residing at Bahrain. The admission in the school shall, therefore be open to the children of all nationalities. The school year starts from April to March each Year. Admissions are open for Primary and Middle sections from February to March and in September of every year.
Admission procedure at Pakistan Urdu School comprises of the following steps:
- Registration Process
- Admission Formalities
- Admission Test & Interview
- Admission Results
- Transfer of students from other schools within Bahrain
1. Registration Process
Parents wishing to admit a child should first register by completing the Admission Form available at the school office. A fee of BD 5/- will be charged and the student will receive an “Admission Form / Prospectus. This fee is non –refundable. The check list of the documents to be submitted with the completed form should be as follows:
- CPR original and copy(Child, Father & Mother)
- Passport copy (Child, Father & Mother)
- Four recent passport size photographs
- Vaccination card
- Attested photocopies of Birth Certificate
- School Leaving Certificate
- Report card from last school attended.
All the documents above should be submitted at the time of the submission of Admission Form, otherwise the Admission Form will not be accepted.
- The students applying for the admission in the month of the March will submit the 2nd term exam result if they were in Cambridge stream.
- The students applying for the admission in the month of the August will submit the Annual result if they were in the Cambridge stream.
The Registration does not in any way confirm or guarantee admission. It is subject to getting through an admission test/interview and availability of a seat. The registration for new academic year will start from January.
Age Criteria required by MOE for Admission for the Academic Session 2020-2021
|Year of Birth||2015-2016||2014-2015||2013-2014||2012-2013|
|Class||LKG||HKG||STD I||STD II|
|Session Start Date||Date of Birth||Age in Years||Date of Birth||Age in Years||Date of Birth||Age in Years||Date of Birth||Age in Years|
* Birth certificate will only be considered as the legal age document to determine the age.
2. Admission Formalities
If all the documents are completed the Admission Officer will ask the Parents to pay a fee of BD 5/- and will receive an Appointment Card with test date and time and interview timing.
3. Admission Test & Interview
The student will only be allowed to appear for the Admission Test after producing the Appointment Card which was given to the parents at the time of registration. Test papers are confidential and will not be disclosed to anyone.
An informal individual assessment is taken combined with an interview with both parents. Generally, the reading level of a child, the identification and concepts of colour’s and numbers are assessed. In addition the confidence of the child, the level of spoken English and motor skills are taken into consideration.
Class 1 – Class IX
The candidates will be tested in four subjects:
1) English 2) Math 3) Arabic/Urdu 4) Science
The pass percentage criteria is 50% of the admission test .Duration of each paper is approximately 30 minutes. For the written test, the child should come with a pencil, eraser, sharpener and a ruler.
A candidate caught cheating during the admission test will be rejected.
After the Test is completed by the student, there will be an interview with both the parents. The Result announcement date will also be communicated to the Parents on the same day.
Class X – Class XII
- Admission in 10th 11th and 12th classes will be on the basis of respective board result: A minimum of A-grade will be required for admission in Science Groups, B-grade for G. Science / Comp. Science C- grade for Humanities Group in SSC or equivalent.
- During the mid-session, Registration of candidates with F.B.I.S.E will entirely be the responsibility of the parent/guardian. Admission in classes 9 to 12 will be subject to the registration of candidate with F.B.I.S.E. Islamabad and Ministry of Education Private Directorate.
Re-admission of Ex-students
- A student who left the school can be re-admitted without admission test in the same class on the basis of his/her previous results provided he/she comes back within 3 months from the date of issue of the school leaving certificate. However, the student will have to pay all the fees of the absentee period. However, a student who misses promotion test will not be readmitted to the next class.
- A student discharged on disciplinary grounds will not to be re-admitted.
Any other case(s) not falling in the above mentioned guidelines will be dealt with by the Principal / Admission Committee.
- If a student fails to qualify the test in March (start of the session) and comes back to get admission in August/September, he/she will be considered as a new applicant. He/she cannot appear for the Admission test on the basis of (previous registration receipt).
- The Admission Test in March will be taken from the previous class syllabus. The Admission Test in September will be taken from the syllabus covered in the 1st term in Pakistan Urdu School.
4. Admission Test Results
The list displaying names of selected candidates will be put up on the notice board of the school reception on the date given by the school. In all cases, merit (Test results, Interview) is the sole criterion for admission. The decision of the school cannot be challenged in any way and will be final.
5. Transfer from other Schools within Bahrain
Any students transferring from other schools within Bahrain the MOE rules will apply and the Parents should get a copy of the rules from the Admission officer. Admission procedure rules 1 to 4 above will also be applicable to these students as well.
Once the student is admitted to the school the Parents will pay the appropriate fee to secure the seat of the child in the school. If the school fees are not paid within a week, the seat will be given to another student on the waiting list.
[table id=8 /]
Admission Process Details 2020-2021 Coming Soon
[table id=9 /]
The current school fee structure is as follows:
Monthly Tuition Fee
|Application/Prospectus Fee||5.000||For New Admission|
|Admission Test Fee||5.000||For New Admission|
|Admission/Registration Fee||20.000||New Admission / Std XI|
|Computer Lab Fee(Once at start of year)||10.000||From Std I To Std VIII|
|Lab Fee(Optional / Once at start of year)||20.000||For Std IX & X (Science & Arts), For Std XI & XII (Science Students Only)|
|ID Card( Once at start of year)||1.500||From All Students|
The school provides a facility for parents to transport students to the school. The monthly transportation fee is subject to change if the transportation company increases its tariff. The parents wanting to use the school transport, please see the fee structure below.
Monthly Transportation Fee
|1||Manama||Per Month Fee||15.000||Full Fee Per Month Except July & August|
|2||Muharraq||Per Month Fee||16.000||Full Fee Per Month Except July & August|
|3||Riffa||Per Month Fee||15.000||Full Fee Per Month Except July & August|
|Class||Fee Start Month||Fee End Month||Total Month||Fee Per Month(BD)|
|I STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||34.600|
|II STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||34.600|
|III STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||34.600|
|IV STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||34.600|
|V STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||36.300|
|VI STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||36.300|
|VII STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||36.300|
|VIII STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||37.900|
|IX STD||Apr-19||Mar-20||12 Month||37.900|
|X STD||May-19||Apr-20||12 Month||41.250|
|XI STD||May-19||Apr-20||12 Month||49.500|
|XII STD||Jun-19||May-20||12 Month||49.500|
The school has the right to increase the school fee at any time if the Ministry of Education, Private Directorate, Kingdom of Bahrain gives permission to the school to change the fee structure.