The Pakistan Urdu School was established in 1956 and is managed by its Board of Trustees. The medium of instruction is English for all classes.
In March 1956, the first Urdu School for the students of Indo-Pak origin was established in the Gulf. The school owes its existence to Mr. Ashraf S. Mohammadi, Mrs. Saleha Raheem, Mr. Haji Asghar Ali, Mr. Abdul Rasool Malik, Mr. Sayed Akber Ali, Dr. Mehitapwala and those in business and commercial community in Bahrain who provided monetary support in establishing the school.
The present strength of the school is over 2000 students and 200 staff members. This institution not only emphasizes on academic excellence but also on co-curricular and extracurricular activities. The School has a team of dedicated teachers under the supervision of the school management and able guidance of the Board of Trustees. The school emphasizes on academic grooming and moral upbringing of the students. The school has separate classes for boys and girls. The school caters to the educational needs of all nationalities. We have 64.10 % Pakistani nationals, 30.22 % Bahrain is and 5.68 % students of other nationalities (Malaysian, Jordanian, Egyptian, Sri Lankan etc.) All these attributes make Pakistan Urdu School an ideal institution, an institution committed to the noble cause of imparting quality education on a non-profit basis and any surplus earned are reinvested on various developments of the school facilities.